Your Subtitle text

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can I get my license through you?
A. YES.  As of January 12th, 2015, a new law was passed that all professional driving schools are able to issue a "Training Completion Certificate" after ten (10) hours of professional, behind-the-wheel instruction and evaluation.  We are an ADOT authorized  training provider to instruct and prepare  students for the Training Completion Certificate which enables you to take the certificate to the MVD and waive the need to perform the road test.
(The MVD does have the right to re-test at their discretion). 

Q. Can I get a discount on my insurance by attending NControl?
A. YES. If your insurance carrier offers a discount, being an authorized ADOT provider, we meet the requirements to qualify for that discount.  (NOTE: discounts may vary, ask your agent for details and not all insurance companies offer discounts for drivers' ed, you may want to shop around.)

Q. Can I use my own vehicle?
A. YES and NO.  The students can use their own car in the Car Control Course.  Otherwise, all roadway sessions are completed in an NControl vehicle which is equipped with a dual brake that is required by the State for safety.

Q. Do you hold courses in the rain?
A. YES. This is very beneficial as it provides valuable experience under hazardous conditions. The adverse conditions accentuate the limits of the vehicle; effectively lowering them making it more difficult for a driver to negotiate a particular maneuver.

Q. Do you accept payments?
A.  YES. Upon enrollment with a credit card, we can set up a payment plan with the amount processed on the morning of each session.

Q.  My teen is 17 years of age, do they need to hold the permit for 6 months?
A.  YES.  The cut off is 18 years of age. If they are under 18,  they need to hold the permit for 6 months from the permit's issuance date.

Q.  I have a permit from another state and I'm eligible to get my license, can I get my Arizona license even though I have a permit from another state?
A. NO.  The state of Arizona does not recognize out of state permits, you'll have to start from scratch and take the written test again to obtain an Arizona permit.
If you have not found the answer you seek, please contact us!

NControl Driving School
1663 E. Ray Road, Suite 103, Gilbert, AZ, 85296
Tel: 480-857-3055   Fax 480-361-4172 |

Office Hours:
M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm
Traffic Schools Hours
M-F 8am - 5pm
Driving Hours:
M-F 9:00am - 9:00pm, SAT 9:00am - 5:00pm
Closed On Sundays


NControl covers your driving needs in:
Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, Paradise Valley, Carefree, Fountain Hills and Tempe, Arizona

Website Builder